Monday, June 1, 2009

My new name

I have been given a new name amongst my ward. It all started two weeks ago during Sunday School. Craig Lewis was teaching, which if you knew him would be all the explanation you would need. Craig called on me to lead the music and to read some stuff, which is totally ok, but what I wasn't expecting was the randomness of what transpired whenever he called on me. 

The first time it was just Sister Katie Gardner. Then the next time he added President - partly cuz I am RS president, but mostly cuz Bishop always calls me President and will correct himself when he says anything different. Which has started a lot of the guys calling me President when we're at church - but Craig didn't put President where I was expecting it. He said Sister President Katie Gardner, every time he called on me, which was a lot. He called on other people, but they didn't get a name change, just me. I was cracking up by the end of class because I've known Craig for close to two years now and he has never called me anything other than Katie and suddenly he adds three other words to my name. It was just so.....Craig! I told him afterwards that I now expected him to call me Sister President Katie Gardner whenever he sees me. 

Apparently though, the changing of my name was not done. Yesterday at church, I saw Craig in the hall. He came over to say hi and I was smiling cuz I knew that he would say my new name. Imagine my surprise when he said my name and there was a new addition to it. All of Sunday I was Sister President Katie Ann Gardner. I like the new middle name I've been given :) I figured that that was the final draft of my new name. Boy was I wrong! 

Tonight at FHE another addition was made. We meet at the Institute to play games and eat Ice Cream Sandwiches - you know, the typical summer FHE activity. Bishop had never played Jenga and since both Craig and I were just aghast about that, we had to play. It was crazy! We got that thing so high one time that I had to take a picture.
Crazy huh? (That's Matt and Ami)

While we were playing my new name somehow came up. I guess Bishop had never heard me called that before, which isn't too surprising since it's only two weeks old. We were trying to teach it to him (he kept forgetting parts of it) and all of a sudden Jeff pipes up with "We should make her a third!" Craig loved it, so it was added. The final rendition of my name (for today at least) is Sister President Katie Ann Gardner the Third. And yes I expect you to call me that every time you say my name ;)

2 comments:

Mom said...

I'm old...what if I can't remember all of that??? Would "hey you" work instead? (Or maybe "Fred.")

Laurie said...

LOL! That's a great name! I love friends that re-name you. "The third" is my favorite part, I'm pretty sure.