After breakfast, I headed to the park. I jumped on the Monorail in Downtown Disney, which took my right into the park to the Tomorrowland station. For the next four hours I wandered around Disneyland and California Adventure. I didn't go on any rides (well, I did take the train all the way around. Does that count?) cuz most of the lines were 30 minutes or more, which is my limit as to how long I'm willing to wait - that's the joy of having a pass, I can be a line snob, as Rachel calls it, and just come back later when the lines are less than a half hour. I had a blast even without the rides. It was fun to walk around and check out the hidden areas that I usually pass by. I went inside the castle and I had way too much fun taking pictures of myself being a dork. Just wait till you see the pictures, you'll understand how much of a dork I was! It was great!
When my legs were too tired to walk anymore, I went back to the hotel to take a nap. I got in a two hour nap before Mom texted me to let me know that she and Dad were on their way to come play with me till the park closed. The first thing we did was go and get clam chowder in a bread bowl - which is pretty much my favorite thing to eat, the only thing that tops it is the Ice Cream Parlor. About a half hour after Mom, Dad, and I got in the park Rach, Mark, and the kids showed up to play too. Rach and Mark went off in search of food while the rest of us went to the Tiki Room (where Jason kept putting his hand over my mouth any time I started signing along, the dork!) and to Tarzan's Treehouse. Then it was off to Jungle Cruise, where Rach and Mark joined up with us again, and then to Small World. By the end of that ride, it was bed time for the two very tired kids who had already lost 3 hours of sleep the night before cuz they had been at Disneyland. So everyone headed home, except Mom and Dad made a quick stop by my hotel room to check it out and realize, again, why they were jealous that I got to stay there ;)
All-in-all, it was a wonderful day and I enjoyed every bit of it! Too bad my stay at the Disneyland Hotel ends tomorrow morning. I'm bummed, but it's been awesome staying here. There's nothing like the magic of Disney to make a birthday perfect. I must say, it was quite brilliant of me to get it for myself :D
1 comment:
Aaaahhhhhhhh! (That was my jealous squeal.) I'm so glad you've had such a fun birthday celebration. I'm SUPER excited to see all the pics! :-)
Post a Comment