Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dating Discussions

The other day I was over at a friend's house to watch a past season of 24. We were just chatting while we waited for everyone to get there and the topic turned to dating. He asked why girls play games with guys. Apparently, he's getting the run around from this girl he likes. I was way confused, cuz, let's face it, I have a crush on this guy and I can't imagine doing something like that to him or any guy I like. I don't know any of the specifics of the situation, but I told him that if I were to ever do that to anyone, it would be because I don't have any real feelings for that person. The other girl that was there said basically the same thing. He didn't really like that response (really, who would?) and said that he wouldn't initiate texting/calling her for a week. That would put the ball in her court and then it is easier to see her true feelings. I've done that with a few of my friends. It really helped me to see how important our relationship was to them. I was surprised at the outcome, sometimes pleasantly, others not so much. 

What I found the most interesting about the conversation is that someone actually asked ME a question about dating. I guess he didn't know that I don't go on dates all that often and when I do, it's usually a blind date (which I hate with a passion!). So you can see why I was confused. I mean, it could be that that is the standard for all girls everywhere, give the guy you like the run around. But if that is the standard, let me be the first to say that that is the STUPIDEST thing in the world! Guys aren't going to sit around forever waiting for you to decide that the game is done. And why would you want to put him threw that kind of torture? It makes no sense. But that's just my own opinion.

No comments: