The rest of Saturday was spent blogging.... literally. Once I was done posting my last entry, Rach put me to work on her blog. There are about 30 new posts on her blog now. I did almost half of them, Rach did a fourth and she stole the rest from Cindy and me. It was crazy! Saturday night, I went to the school to help Mom and Dad with the snack table at Seussical. Mom had signed up her, Dad, and Matt to work it, but Matt and Sabrina were late getting here from Provo, so I went in his place. Turns out I didn't really need to be there. There wasn't even enough people buying things before the musical for one person to stay busy. But I had fun spending time with Mom and Dad. I don't get much alone time with them and I treasure any that I can get. I headed back home once the musical started, luckily Matt and Sabrina made it in time to watch it. The rest of the night was spent with the fam at home talking and laughing :)
Sunday was Mother's Day. My plan was to go to Dad's ward (the 30+ singles ward) for Sacrament then to the Ranch Branch (the young single ward) for the rest of church. They both meet at 1 pm so it was the perfect plan. Well, it was until I woke up at 7:30. I tried to go back to sleep, but gave up around 8. I headed downstairs to help with getting the kids ready for church at 9. After sending everyone off, I sat around trying to think of what to do with myself until 1. For those who know me, they know that I hate having to sit around waiting to go somewhere. That's why I'm always early to things, I get tired of waiting at home. Which is why I ended up getting ready early and heading to the family ward, just in time for the Mother's Day brunch they have every year during the last two hours of church. Since I was early, I saved seats for Mom, Rach, and Sabrina. It was a great meeting and I'm glad I went to spend some time with Mom on her day.
After the brunch, I had an hour to kill until it was time to head to Dad's Sacrament. It was a good thing that Mandy Jo was also there, so we spent that time catching up and talking about boys. Mandy Jo had to give a talk in the Ranch Branch, so I had to try to find a way to watch Dad in action as Bishop and still see Mandy Jo give her talk. So my master plan came into action! I went to both Sacraments. Basically, I ran back and forth between the two. It all worked out and I got some exercise in as well. Oh! Cute story time!! Somehow Dad knew that Mandy Jo was giving a talk. I was in his ward for the first little bit and during the sacrament song, he came down off the podium and told me that i had to make sure to not miss her talk. It was so cute of him and made me love him all the more. I have the best parents!!!
I headed home after sacrament cuz I had been there long enough and I was ready to be gone. When Mom and Dad came home from church we called Nate in Argentina. We got to talk to him for an hour or so. It was wonderful to get to hear his voice and chat with him. I'm excited that he's coming home in just two months!!
Monday morning Sabrina came over to get her purse that she had left at the house the day before. I convinced her to stay for a bit and hang out. We headed to Target for a quick shopping trip cuz Matt and Sabrina have nothing in their apartment and Rach wanted to find a tire tube for her bike. After Target it was time to head to Google to have lunch with Dad and Matt. I love going to Google, it's so fun and they have great food. Since Monday was my last day at home, that night we played games - though I must admit that I was so tired and cranky that I don't know why they wanted me around.
I came back to Cedar on Tuesday. Since then I have sat around and done nothing except sleep. Well.... and get roped into teaching Gospel Principles on Sunday and I just found out that the class I was going to be taking this summer is cancelled. Now I have to figure out what to do. I need that class to graduate and I'm trying to get into it for the fall semester, but I have to have my advisor sign me up. And the only time it's given is when I'm already signed up for a class, luckily that class is an elective so I can just change to a different class. But if I wanted to I could take that class in the spring and just stay here another semester and graduate in May instead. And since that summer class is cancelled I now need to figure out what I'm going to do during the summer cuz the reason I was staying in Cedar was to take this class. I just don't know what to do! I had a plan and it all went up in smoke. Now I have some thinking to do. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment