Sunday, April 12, 2009

It's Easter!!!

Yay!! for bunny rabbits, candy, dyed eggs, and candy! Sadly, I have none of those things....but it's all good. I still love Easter, even if I don't get to pig out on junk food. This is such a wonderful time of year. It is so nice to be able to walk outside without freezing!! I love the change in the weather, it just makes me want to dance for joy at seeing the sun and the new green blades of grass poking through. It's nice enough outside that I might just take a book and head over to my favorite spot on campus and read. In fact, I think I will! (after finishing this of course ;) ) 

Before I head off, I just wanted to share with you my thoughts. These past nine months with school and being called as Relief Society President have been some of my most trying and yet most gratifying times of my life so far. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have had to be here in Cedar with some of the most wonderful, crazy people I know. I have learned so much this past year and grown in so many different ways that it is astounding to look back at who I was and see how far and how much I have come. I have a greater understanding of Christ and the love He has for all of us. I have felt that love for me, but mostly I have come to know how much He loves everyone. I didn't use to believe people when they stood up and said that they loved everyone in the congregation. I didn't think that there was any way that they could love me, they barely knew me. But now I know what they were feeling because I have felt that too. They were feeling Christ's love for me. And when you feel that, it is impossible to not love that person as well. I'm grateful for that love and kindness. It has helped me, and will continue to help me, through some tough times. I can't express how much I love my Savior and how grateful I am for the sacrifice He made for me. I can't wait for the day I'll see Him again and be able to tell Him myself of the blessings and joy He has brought into my life. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter! Remember the true reason we celebrate this day. I know I will, forever and always.

1 comment:

Superjulie said...

Feeling Christ's love for every woman in the ward was one of my favorite things about being R.S. president. I remember one time going down the ward list and feeling overcome by His love as I read their names. That will always be a sacred memory, and a strengthening one, because I know He feels that way about me, too. Thanks for sharing!