Thursday, February 12, 2009

I love my major!

So in my case studies class (it's the capstone for my major, which is Hotel, Resort, and Hospitality, for those who don't know) we read Who Moved My Cheese? and we discussed it today. My teacher, Lisa Assante, is just awesome and she agreed to let us bring cheese to class to eat while we discussed the book. I, of course, forgot all about it right up until I walked into class. In fact, I'm pretty sure only one or two people remembered. But it all worked out cuz Lisa brought more than enough cheese for everyone. 
What you need to know about Lisa is that she had been in the food industry for years before becoming a teacher. So of course she got many different kinds of cheese and she put them on plates in a cute arrangement. 
It was just amazing! There was so many different kinds of cheese that I can't remember all of them. I tried all of them except one or two and that's only cuz I didn't have any more room on my plate. A girl in the class made "mice" out of Milky Ways, Hershey kisses, almonds and white chocolate. I remembered to snap a picture after I had already started eating, but it still works:


Here's a close up of the mouse:
Cute, huh? 

It was the best class ever! There was so much extra that I brought a plate home for later.
I bet you're all wishing you could be in my major now aren't ya? ;)

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Mmmmm.... cheese. Oh, how I'm missing The International Cheese Plate right about now. (Dude, I could LIVE on a cruise ship and order snacks from room service every day for the rest of my life, I'm pretty sure.)

Oh, I'm SUPER jealous! You lucky...