Friday, May 27, 2011

Kiddos - Day 4

This morning the kids had a video chat with Rach and Mark. They were very excited to see their parents. Emily kept sticking her head right up next to the screen trying to touch Rachel. Jason had fun for a bit, then was over it. Shelly just showed them the millions of balls that Cindy owns. I had fun talking to them at least :)

My roommates complained last night that I didn't bring the kids over, so I decided to spend the day at my house. Kami was the only one home when we got there, so we played with her for a bit before she left to go camping with her family. Michelle came on a walk with Shelly, Jason, and I - Emily was down for a nap at Cindy's - to the water fountain on campus. I was expecting it to take a half an hour tops..an hour and a half later we made it back home. Shelly and Jason wanted to watch My Little Pony so I tossed it in. The next time I looked over at the kids Jason was sound asleep - I think I wore him out.

Funny story time:

When it was time to go, Shelly kept trying to convince me that they should sleep over at my house. I explained that I needed to talk to my roommates before they could have a sleepover. She really wants to meet my roommate Emily, not too sure why, but she's dead set on it. I think that's part of why she wants to sleep over, maybe then she'll actually get to meet Emily. The sleepover might happen, we'll see.

Emily had lots of fun sweeping the backyard before bedtime.


She even went and got the dustpan all by herself

She did a decent job of getting the leaves into the dustpan

On our walk, the kids grabbed some Shakespeare festival brochures. One of them had a map of Utah and the surrounding states on it. Jason walked all the way home with that map in his hand, every few minutes he'd ask me where on the map we were. Turns out we are in the big black spot labeled "Cedar City".

Jason apparently hates me...at least that's what I gathered from what he was screaming at me from the top of the attic stairs when I sent him up to bed. He'll get over it, maybe.

No comments: