Sunday, March 29, 2009

I made it through!!

The week is over! Thank goodness! I thought it would never end. I have been looking forward to today for about a month now. I had three group projects (two of which were presentations), two tests, and a paper due at about the same time. Oh and today it was my ward's turn to teach Stake Leadership Training for the RS. I've been a little stressed lately! But I made it through. I was able to turn in my paper early to get it out of the way (and I got an A on it!!), I made my groups get as much done as possible before Spring Break so I could relax and actually have a break, and I stuck it out at the library until I couldn't stand it any longer every day. And finally it is done! Now there are only 4 weeks left of school and it should be smooth sailing the rest of the way.....well, I least I can dream it will be :D I've already got a few more short papers to write for next week and two new assignments in a different class...I guess the past month has prepared me to be able to get all that done without breaking a sweat. Though sweating would be a nice improvement over freezing! It's snowing again outside. I am very put out! I want to be warm!!!

OH! I almost forgot to tell ya about yesterday, which has to be one of my most favorite days of the year so far. My really good friend Amy is engaged and getting married next month. Yesterday was her bridal shower and I got her the best present EVER! It was a bouquet of fake flowers with a vase. (I'm sitting here cracking up over this...oh man...now I have to tell the back story so you get why it was so amazing). So flash back to 2006 when Amy and I were roommates. We went to a ward activity where they had a white elephant gift exchange. One of the gifts was fake flowers, which I stole from a very confused boy (he just didn't understand why I wanted the flowers. To be honest, I'm not sure myself). On the way home, Amy and I were naturally in a hyper mood (we were always laughing and giggling over something back then, heck we still do that!), and we turned to each other at the same time and practically yelled "We can put it in a Vase..... with Water!" And proceeded to burst into laughter once more. Of course when we got home we found a vase and proudly displayed our flowers. 

When I left to head off on my Florida adventure, I left the flowers with Amy. And when she moved out of the apartment, she ended up leaving the flowers there. Every time we talked about those flowers, she always said how sad she was that she had left them. So, I have had this idea of giving Amy fake flowers ever since. I just hadn't found the right time to do it, until now. Giving her the flowers was my way of telling her I love her and to not forget me. (She's moving later this week up to Delta until the wedding and then she'll be living in Oak City, so I won't be seeing much of her anymore :( I'm gonna miss that girl!!) I knew that she would laugh hysterically when she opened the gift and she did. It was awesome. She and I were cracking up and everyone else just kinda looked at us wondering what was going on. It was a moment I'll never forget. I ended up spending basically the entire day with Amy and her family (her mom and sisters had come down for the shower). It was too brilliant! I love Amy, she's just too amazing for words.

No comments: