Monday, June 11, 2012

Fun with the Schofields

There are so many stories of crazy, fun times that I had with Rach, Mark and the kids. Maybe a list will be faster and more convenient to read..

-Unpacking the basement at the farm - throwing the bags at each other and moving 20 thousand tons of food storage (I might be exaggerating a little)
-Taking the kids on walks to the temple so they could play in the fountains
-Shelly asking me to stay a week longer and me actually doing it
-Went to the temple with Nate, the first family member I've gone with since I went through last year
-We found a park with a huge hill and I, of course, had to teach Shelly how to roll down it!
-Emily asking me to "put your computer down and play with me"
-Annie laughing and waddling towards me every morning to give me a hug
-Hanging out with Nate and maybe developing a crush on one of his roommates..apparently I'm attracted to men that are sarcastic and use big words...but we won't talk about that :)
-The kids laughing, telling me I'm boring just so that I would tickle them
-I got Rach and Mark addicted to Grimm and they in turn got me addicted to Once Upon a Time and Common Law
-Watching the kids while Rach and Mark ran errands. At one point both Emily and Annie were crying hysterically - one upstairs, the other downstairs.
-Jason's funny one liners. The best being "I can't eat licorice, it makes me listen to Satan."
-Cleaning out the carport shed - finding not only typical Grammie and Granddad stuff (tools for the lawn, boxes of boxes, a can full of bar soap, colored toilet paper), but also a bird's nest complete with 3 baby birds. 
-Celebrating Annie's 1st and my 25th birthday

I remembered to pull out the camera only a few days before I left, but I got some way cute pics anyways!

 Annie making faces at me

 Emily wanting a picture with Aunt Katie

 She's so proud of her messy self!

 Jason looking superfly!


 Rach and the kids taped balloons to my door on my birthday. Once I was awake, the kids had fun playing with them.

 Shelly made me a card! The 2 and the 5 are how old I am. While the blue square in the bottom left corner is my face - it actually says "your face" on it. I love it!

Pictures with Aunt Katie!




Annie got a cake all to herself, I had to share mine..oh well, I don't think I'd really want to dig into Annie's once she's through with it.. :)





 Nate did a great job taking these photos of Annie and her cake. I was busy cutting my cake, so I talked him into documenting the experience for me. Thanks again, Nate!

The Birthday Girls!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I'm LOVING the updates on the blog - keep it going!!! Great stories and wonderful pictures